Report Summary Outline
UK Retail Outlook Spring 2023
Retail faces multiple challenges in 2023, including the cost of living crisis and rising interest rates coupled with the normalisation of spending patterns as people revert to pre-Covid lifestyles. In particular, the core target demographic of many mainstream retailers, better-off 30-49s, is set to be hardest hit by a leap in mortgage interest payments. This report examines where the impact will be greatest and examines strategies retailers could take to answer this challenge.
Why buy this report?
- Understand what is happening to consumer spending as it normalises post-Pandemic;
- Identify which consumer groups will be hardest hit by changes like a slowing employment market and higher interest rates and who is set to escape this and see high net income growth;
- Look at strategies and approaches to minimise loss of sales from these trends and exploit emerging opportunities;
What’s in this report?
The 2023 Retail Outlook by ConsumerCast provides a detailed analysis of consumer spending trends in key areas, looking at what happened in the ‘Golden’ Christmas quarter of 2022 and estimates and forecasts for 2023. It covers:
- Food & drink;
- Clothing & footwear;
- Furniture & home goods;
- Gas & electricity;
- Transport & travel;
- Recreation & culture (in-home; out-of-home, package holidays);
- Restaurants & hotels;
- Miscellaneous goods & services;
- Spend abroad;
- Major home improvements;
- Online vs. physical retail in food & drink and non-food.
It also offers more detailed analysis of spend by income bracket and age to identify key shifts in spending patterns.
How to buy it
ConsumerCast offers both a Single User Licence (report for use of individual buyer only) and a Multi-User Licence (report for unlimited users within acquiring company). These are priced at £3,000 and £3,700 respectively. Please click on ‘Order Now’ above and provide your client details via the online form provided, as well as specifying which report you are interested in and which version (single/multi-user). You will receive the report in PDF format accompanied by an invoice. Online payment details will be provided.
Please note, in ordering the report, you are agreeing to ConsumerCast’s Terms & Conditions.