Report Summary Outline
Spring 2022 Retail Outlook
Retail faces a double challenge during 2022, with the cost of living crisis – in effect many overlapping crises – coupled with the normalisation of spending patterns as people revert to pre-Covid lifestyles. This report examines winning and losing sectors and strategies retailers could take to answer this challenge.
Why buy this report?
- Understand what is happening to consumer spending as it normalises post-Pandemic;
- Identify which consumer groups will be hardest hit by the cost of living crisis and when;
- See where the return to normalised spending outside retail, on leisure, social and travel activities, will be focused;
- Look at strategies and approaches to minimise loss of sales from these trends and exploit emerging opportunities;
What’s in this report?
Spring 2022 Retail Outlook by ConsumerCast provides a detailed analysis of consumer spending trends in key areas, looking at what happened in 2021 and estimates and forecasts for 2022. It covers:
- Food & drink;
- Clothing & footwear;
- Furniture & home goods;
- Gas & electricity;
- Transport & travel;
- Recreation & culture (in-home; out-of-home, package holidays);
- Restaurants & hotels;
- Miscellaneous goods & services;
- Spend abroad;
- Major home improvements;
- Online vs. physical retail in food & drink and non-food.
It also offers more detailed analysis of spend by income bracket and age to identify key shifts in spending patterns.
How to buy it
ConsumerCast offers both a Single User Licence (report for use of individual buyer only) and a Multi-User Licence (report for unlimited users within acquiring company). These are priced at £3,000 and £3,700 respectively. Please click on ‘Order Now’ above and provide your client details via the online form provided, as well as specifying which report you are interested in and which version (single/multi-user). You will receive the report in PDF format accompanied by an invoice. Online payment details will be provided.
Please note, in ordering the report, you are agreeing to ConsumerCast’s Terms & Conditions.