The 65+ UK Household
Spending by wealthy pensioners booms
Report Summary Outline
The 65+ UK Household* by ConsumerCast provides a detailed profile of this key demographic group accounting for one fifth of UK consumer expenditure, including total household numbers and trends, and total spending share and growth versus other groups between 2005 and 2015.
It also provides analysis of spending trends by income band within this age group for:
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks;
- Alcoholic drinks and tobacco;
- Clothing and footwear;
- Housing, fuel and power (excluding mortgage interest);
- Household goods and services;
- Recreation and culture;
- Restaurants and hotels;
- Miscellaneous goods and services (including personal care, insurance etc.)
In addition, it offers more detailed figures for selected spending sub-categories, for example, different categories of clothing and homewares.
The report analyses growth in net income (after taxes, mortgage interest and other deductions) for these households versus other groups.
It provides a two-scenario forecast for 65+ households as well as for other age groups to the end of 2018 for both income and consumer spending, with analysis of potential implications for individual major retailers. Inflation-adjusted core scenario figures are also provided.
The report offers insights into potential growth opportunities within this market in the context of the analysis provided.
*Defined by age of head of household/household representative person (HRP)
Why Buy This Report?
- Understand the economic influences affecting this key customer base better;
- Gain better insight into the relationship between their income and spending;
- Prioritise targeting of key customer groups within this age band;
- Improve your understanding and evaluation of the risks and opportunities offered by 65+ households;
- Focus future business development on the customer groups most likely to see disposable income and spending growth.
How to Buy It
We offer both a Single User Licence (report for use of individual buyer only) and a Multi-User Licence (report for unlimited users within acquiring company). These are priced at £950 and £1,200 respectively. Please click on 'Order Now' above and provide your client details via the online form provided, as well as specifying which report you are interested in and which version (single/multi-user). You will receive the report in PDF format accompanied by an invoice. Payment details will be provided.
Please note, in ordering the report, you are agreeing to ConsumerCast's Terms & Conditions.