Report Summary Outline
2017 UK Consumer Opportunities: The Over-50s
Why buy this report?
- Identify the fastest-growing, potentially profitable demographic groups;
- Discover potential new audiences for your brand;
- Improve your understanding and evaluation of the opportunities offered by over-50s households;
- Focus future business development on the customer groups most likely to see disposable income and spending growth;
- See which spending areas are forecast to see the fastest growth or the largest value growth and which will lag behind;
- Understand how key economic trends are going to affect your customer base’s income and spending.
What’s in this report?
2017 UK Consumer Opportunities: the Over-50s* by ConsumerCast provides a detailed profile of this key demographic group accounting for almost 52% of consumer expenditure, including total household numbers and trends, and total spending versus other groups between 2011 and 2016.
It also provides analysis of spending trends by income band within this age group for:
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks;
- Alcoholic drinks and tobacco;
- Clothing and footwear;
- Housing, fuel and power (excluding mortgage interest);
- Household goods and services;
- Recreation and culture (including package holidays);
- Restaurants and hotels.
In addition, it offers more detailed figures for selected spending sub-categories, for example, different categories of clothing and homewares.
The report analyses growth in net income (after taxes, mortgage interest and other deductions) for these households versus other groups.
It provides a forecast for 50-64 year old and 65+ households as well as for other age groups to the end of 2018 for both income and consumer spending in nominal terms and for spending in real terms (adjusted for inflation). It also includes 21 outlook profiles of leading retailers based on their demographics, looking at how economic trends are likely to affect their performance in the context of their current strategies and competitive positioning.
The report offers insights into major potential growth opportunities within this market, identifying in particular the better off 65+ 'Platinum Pensioners' as a key target audience.
*Defined by age of head of household/household representative person (HRP)
How to buy it
ConsumerCast offers both a Single User Licence (report for use of individual buyer only) and a Multi-User Licence (report for unlimited users within acquiring company). These are priced at £1,800 and £2,500 respectively. Please click on 'Order Now' above and provide your client details via the online form provided, as well as specifying which report you are interested in and which version (single/multi-user). You will receive the report in PDF format accompanied by an invoice. Online payment details will be provided.
Please note, in ordering the report, you are agreeing to ConsumerCast's Terms & Conditions.